Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Horse for a Penny


The weather has been horrible down here in Arkansas for the past week. The rain finally let up today, so I was eager to go outside today after being cooped up inside for so long. I had just gotten my boots on (I don't want my flats to get dirty, now do I?) when MGL tells me to come outside quickly as she has a surprise for me. I figured that her surprise was going to be work for me to do so I was walking toward the door very slowly. I was quite stunned when what I saw wasn't a job for me to do, but this beauty of a horse-


 She was amazing and MGL told me that she was all mine. I 'm still not sure why MGL all of a sudden offered her up to me all of a sudden, but I don't really care that much. I have wanted a horse for a while and this was a huge surprise.
 I slowly approached her so she wouldn't get scared. After a bit of coaxing and a boost up from MGL I was in the saddle.
 It was a little scary being perched on her at first but I got used to it right off. It was even kind of fun.
I rode around on her for a little bit before I put her up. I was informed by MGL that the mare's name is Penny, but I felt that the name was too common so I have decided to call her Penelope. Penelope is a very pretty name for a very pretty horse. I guess I should thank MGL for getting me Penelope, but I probably won't ever get around to it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new horse, we have several horses here and love to go riding and playing with them all the time, it is such an awesome pleasure to ride ..

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your horse is beautiful! I have a horse and 2 foals myself. They're great fun to be around.

    -Mac-

    ReplyDelete