Monday, February 13, 2012

Winter Blues

I really, really like playing in the snow, and last winter I had tons of opportunities to romp around in the stuff. This winter therefore really hasn't offered very much excitement for me. I got really excited last week when the news started saying that it might snow Monday morning. I wasn't sure if I should believe it since the weather has been getting in the 70s and 80s nearly everyday. This morning when I woke up about 7:00, I noticed that MGL was still home. I knew only one thing could have happened- Snow day!
 After a quick look outside I ran back in screaming SNOW! at the top of my lungs while I rummaged around for my coat. Kit ran to get her coat too. MGL asked us to calm down a bit, but it definitely wasn't going to happen.
 Kit and I got right down to an old fashioned snowball fight when MGL rudely interjected our fight by pointing to the shivering girl on the front porch steps. After squinting my eyes I realized that the girl was my new roommate Marie-Grace. I had almost completely forgotten about her.
 I threw my final snowball at Kit and bounded over to the porch. For some reason Marie-Grace has insisted on keep on that weird looking 1850's ensemble she showed up in. I have before offered her some modern garbs out of my stash but she has always refused. I asked her if she wanted to play in the snow with Kit and I,  and when she answered yes, I got her to go in and put on a sweater.
 After Kit and I exhausted as much energy as we felt was necessary throwing snowballs at each other's faces, we held a conference with Marie-Grace as to what wintery activities should be next on the agenda. We all settled on making a snow man together.
 We all spread out in search of the items to make him. I about froze my fingers off rolling the snowballs. I think that he turned out kind of cute for all of the effort though.
It was overall a nice day, too bad it all melted off already. Maybe it will snow again sometime before spring is actually set in.(It probably won't, I wonder how hard it would be too convince MGL to relocate to the Artic Circle.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get more snow to play in, it has not snowed any more here either .. and so glad that you got Marie-Grace to wear something warmer to be out in the snow playing ..

    Have fun,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete