Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Civil War Days

 MGL took me to Washington State Park with her this weekend since I was feeling better than I was last week. I took a little bit of time to tour some of the buildings before the battle reenactment in the afternoon. I had a lot of fun looking at all of the old places but I ran out of buildings after a while so I headed outdoors.
 This magnolia tree is one of the focal points of the park. It is HUGE! The town had to close the roads that run around it because it has grown over them.
After waiting around for a while we got to finally see the reenactment, it was really fun to see all the guns and cannons and the people fighting. MGL took a couple of pictures of the battle for me but this one was my favorite as I have recently fallen in love with horses. Even though I know MGL just carried me with her because she felt bad about abandoning me when I was sick, I can appreciate her giving something, even if it was entirely guilt ridden.

No comments:

Post a Comment