Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Going Batty!: a craft for dolls

One thing most people(and dolls) don't know about me is that I really like to make crafts. I made a little bat craft for Halloween that I thought I would share with my readers. The supplies you need are pretty basic:
1. scrap paper
2. black marker
3. black foam sheet
4. 2 white foam circles
5. scissors
6. mini clothespin(they sell these as wooden paperclips in the office supply aisle)
7. glue


First thing you are going to need to do is make a pattern for your bat.(you made need to find an image online of a bat for help, I used some bat shaped confetti as a basis for my pattern) Make the wings and body separate.

You are then going to need to cut out your bat pattern.

Next, you are going to use your pattern to cut out the bat shapes from the black foam. Again be sure to have the body and wings separate. Lay these aside.

Get out your mini clothespin and color it black with your marker. Be sure to make sure the marker isn't bleeding off of the wood and getting on other things.

Now you are going to need to glue the bat body on top of the wings. Attach that to your clothespin. Determine which way you want your bat to be when you use your clip.

This bat looks kind of odd and unfinished though doesn't he? You are going to take your white circles and make a little spot on them with your marker. Glue them onto your little bat's face.

Now you can use it to put in your mutant dog's hair, like this:

The clip can also be use for many other decorating purposes. I hope you enjoyed making the craft.
(I apologize for the poor lighting in my house.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leanne! I like your blog... I'm going to follow it. =) Your bat turned out really cute! This seems like a fun and easy craft. I like craft projects, but I'm only good at simple stuff.

    ReplyDelete