Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Trip through the Woods

 MGL had the bright idea that Kit and I needed a little exercise. I don't really understand the point of a doll getting exercise as our stuffed bodies get no benefit from it. Kit and I reluctantly agreed to walk a trail through the woods that MGL's family recently built for some idiotic reason. So we set out walking...
 And walking. There is a big field between the house and the trail so we spent ages out there in the dead grass. I'm not sure if you realize but dolls don't travel very fast so it was a very slow pass indeed.(a large turtle could have passed us by) Kit didn't complain very much though, which was a huge blessing. I think she was focusing everything on the act of walking.
 After a long while we finally made it to the trail. I was actually trying to figure out what these woods were so important for at this point because the trees looked like any other trees to me.
 Kit seemed pretty excited by the whole aspect though and liked to stop at random interval to get a closer look at things.
The woods were actually kind of  pretty once we got to a certain point. I can't say I see the point of walking as far as we did to see them though.

 This little tree stump was kind of the focal point of our walk. Do you see how odd shaped it is?
 Kit and I had sat down for a long debate about how that tree ended up looking like it did when we heard gun fire.
 Kit and I booked it out of those woods and started back to the house as soon as we could stand up.
I learned some odd things while I walked out there as I had plenty of time to think with Kit being quiet and all.
1. Kit gets nice when she is in nature.
2. Long walks really shouldn't be down in cowboy boots.
3. Never go in the woods during hunting season as you may be shot at even though you look nothing like a whitetail deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment